Monday, April 18, 2011

Watching The Lion King

Seriously, The Lion King is my favourite movie of all time. Forget everything else I've ever said I loved (okay, don't. I love those too). The Lion King is a classic. Did you know my old math teacher had never even seen it? Sad.

It's been a little while since I watched it, since I don't own my old VHS tapes, and I lent my DVD to a boyfriend who I broke up with, and that jerk never returned it. So imagine my happiness when I was messing around, going through people's tumblr's (a site I don't quite understand how to set up, so mine is...nonexistent) and found out a link to the whole thing posted, omgomgomg. None of that "Part I" bullshit. Bam. Lion King.


Edit: I removed the embedded because the guy who uploaded it said he was likely taking it down like, tomorrow. So you can settle for a link I hope.

LIFE'S NOT FAIR, IS IT?

For one thing, Scar is probably the most badass villain in anything, ever. Say what you will about his lack of actual power - a chart about which demonstrated here:



(I miss that blog. Image credit belongs to www.cwsargeras.com.)


No though. That lion knew how to do his shit. He didn't use scary muscles. He used his own cunning mind. His way with words. He made Simba run off with just one little sentence. BAM. His plan for Simba to get himself killed in the elephant graveyard? He wasn't even IMPLICATED. He gets Simba curious by telling him what's there, and gets him to not even tell Mufasa on him!

Another thing: Nala? She is probably the greatest chick in the world. She goes off to try to save her tribe, and finds Simba, who's supposed to be dead. She was like "YO SIMBA. STOP BEING DUMB" when he didn't want to come back, but didn't waste her time with him when he didn't seem like he'd budge.

In all honesty, no other Disney movie still makes me cry as hard as the scene where Simba finds Mufasa dead. No other Disney characters inspire me as much as Simba, Nala, and all the others. Props to Disney for making the greatest movie ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment