Thursday, August 2, 2012

BEDA: In which I rant about something.

Very sorry to make today a rant. I just have something I have to say today.

IF YOU ARE SOMEONE (I've only seen this behavior from males about females, so excuse my pronouns today!) THAT THINKS BEING NICE EARNS YOU A CHANCE FOR SEX OR A RELATIONSHIP, YOU ARE NOT A "NICE GUY". YOU ARE SEXIST AND DO NOT RESPECT THE PERSON YOU CLAIM TO BE IN LOVE/LIKE WITH.

Good. Glad that's off my chest. I think I'm going to have to elaborate a bit. In the past 24 hours, I have had TWO males whine about this to me. The first was the one that pissed me off the most and is probably why I've been a little touchy today. Almost a direct quote here: "I'm just so tired of being such a nice guy and seeing all these douchebags with hot girlfriends!"

The italics are there just to show these fuckers ACTUALLY think they're NICE. You think putting someone on an idealized pedestal, while instantly judging their "douchebag"boyfriend, makes you nice? It doesn't! You're basically saying "WAAAAH I DESERVE A HOT GIRL TOO CAUSE I THINK I'M NICE AND STUFF, SO I'M GOING TO INSULT EVERY OTHER GUY THAT DOES HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!!!!" It just does not work like that. What you're really doing is not being nice, but instead becoming friends with girls intentions that just... just are not friendship-y ones. They're manipulative, "I want to fuck you" intentions. And god forbid she doesn't return your feelings, since she views you AS A FRIEND SINCE THAT IS HOW YOU PRESENTED YOURSELF TO HER, now Mr. Nice Guy is in the dreaded friendzone!! OH NO. That must give him the right to complain about how all woman are bitches for not loving him and wanting him since he was their friend!!!

Okay. I'm done. I can't talk about this anymore without wanting to shoot someone. I'm just so... pissed off. I don't think I can handle any more misogyny today. Can someone direct me to the land of equality?

In other news, I found my daddy's wedding ring, so I'm wearing that now. It's a men's ring so it looks a little odd on me I think, since it's big and gold, but I like it. It makes me happy. Also in exciting news of today, I have cat ears! And a little bow! And a tail! And I'm so cute! And excited! I also have my next hair color decided and bought, I just am waiting another week or 2. There was also a new version of Alameda by Elliott Smith posted today and it was great. It wasn't a TON different, but the changes that are...different... are great. Can you believe it would have been his 43rd birthday, if he was still alive, on August 6th? It's just weird. I don't know if I'll ever be over him dying. :(

Until tomorrow, everyone! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment