Thursday, August 2, 2012

BEDA: Already messed up :(

Oh god, day 1 and I already messed up - I did wrote this yesterday and it didn't post!

 So yeah. BEDA is a thing I’m doing, as I said. I forget how to blog. Forgive me for being so rusty.

How has everyone been? I’ve missed you guys. I had a lot on my plate (depression is a hell of a disease!) so I just... took a break. I just needed to think. I’m feeling a lot better though! A lot has happened. I finished my first year of university, I went to London for a week, I started working for the summer, I made a few new friends, lost 35+ pounds in JUST under 2 months (gogo keto!), and I’ve booked a trip to Florida that I leave for in 24 sleeps! I’m very excited for that. And like I said – it’s been very busy.


I guess I’ll start with what I’m most enthusiastic about for the most part, my weight loss stuff. I don’t really like talking about it, since I liked to believe I was happy with myself at my highest weight, but I know I wasn’t. I know that know. For full disclosure, I was about 255-260 pounds. I thought I was one of those people that “carried it well” but looking back at pictures of me with fresher eyes... I didn’t. I’m at 224 as of my last weigh-in and I feel a bit better. I still have quite a bit to go but I just... I feel like for once I’m actually making a positive change in myself. I like it though – I even like my “diet” for a lack of a better term. I don’t consider keto so much a diet as I consider it a complete change in how I eat, forever (although, at my goal weight, I’d switch to a maintenance paleo) because I don’t... ever want to go back to how I was? Basically though, what I did was cut out all sugars – including starches, grains, actual sugar, fruit, and the like. 20-30 net carbs per day. It’s hard sometimes, but I feel better. I’m happier. Stuff is great.  

I don’t really know what else I want to talk about. I had a few posts planned, but I’m at work right now and about to go into my team meeting so I don’t have a ton to say. I guess I can cut off there. Better to start slow than not at all, right? ;) I’ll see everyone tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment