Monday, August 6, 2012

BEDA: Elliott Smith's birthday

August 6th is always a really important day today, and I'm extremely happy I had it off work this year.

This year, August 6th 2012, would have been Elliott Smith's 43rd birthday. If he was still alive that is. And I usually prefer to take today, rather than October 21st, since I prefer to celebrate his life rather than his death. Most years we make cupcakes for it, but this year I obviously couldn't. So I just took the opportunity to listen to his music and think about all the ways it's affected my life. I really don't like remembering that he isn't alive, but I think you all knew that. I'll get over it though. I'm just happy he was alive and made such lovely music :)

Other than that, it's been a pretty quiet day around here. I played some video games and pouted about having to go to back to work tomorrow. I'm so happy I only have 14 days left, ugh. I'm also bleaching my hair tomorrow for a few days until I can put the burgandy in, which I'm extremely excited for... I think I might wear one of my new dresses tomorrow :) I went shopping again after my post yesterday and got 2 more, so I'm BASICALLY done shopping for quite awhile now :P

I hope everyone else is having a good evening, and I will see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment