Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Would it be cliche to just post a list of song lyrics? Part I

Yes, yes it would be. But that is not going to stop me, because all I want to do today is listen to music, feel angsty, and sleep. So now I will just post a line from a song, and the name of it, and the artist.

In interest to try to make this less catering to my own selfish boredom, I won't repeat artists, and I will pretend this is an experience of introducing you to new music. Really. And because of that, I won't even use their super obscure music... as much as I'd love to.

Tegan and Sara - Back in Your Head: "Build a wall of books between us in our bed, repeat, repeat the words I know we both said. Relax into the need, we get so comfortable. Remember when I was so strange and likeable?"

Joanna Newsom - Peach, Plum, Pear: "But it's late in the day, and you're well on your way. What was golden went gray, and I'm suddenly shy."

Elliott Smith - Angeles: "Picking up the ticket shows there's money to be made. Go on lose thr gamble, that's the history of the trade. You add up all the cards left to play to zero. Sign up with evil, Angeles. Don't start me trying now. Because I'm all over it, Angeles. I could make you satisfied in everything you do. All your secret wishes could right now be coming true. Be forever with my poison arms around you."
Edit: Some versions of this song use "poison arms" and some use "broken arms". The album version is poison, that is what I quoted.

Sufjan Stevens - Chicago: "If I was crying, in the van, with my friend. It was for freedom, from myself and from the land. I made a lot of mistakes, I made a lot of mistakes. I made a lot of mistakes, I made a lot of mistakes."

I have more. Really. I can sense this complete lack of creativity will be here tomorrow too. Stay tuned. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment