Monday, March 7, 2011

Weird musical taste the past week.

For the past week or so, I've been listening to different music than usual. I don't have any real reason for it, I just know I haven't turned on Joanna Newsom, or TV on the Radio, and even have listened to less Elliott Smith than should be healthy.

In fact, my musical taste has been strangely reminiscent to my music from junior high. (Other than wrock. I've been listening to a lot of wrock, but that is a very new addiction).

I should elaborate that a little. For most of the 9th grade, the only bands I would listen to were Armor for Sleep, Hawthorne Heights, and Within Temptation. However, once I started high school, their music faded to the background. They did each fade for different reasons though.

Hawthorne Heights was a little bit too...loud for me, I found. Armor for Sleep did as well, mostly since I was listening to acoustic type music. Within Temptation just felt a bit too dark. Hawthorne Heights also seemed a bit too dark.

Lately though, despite not feeling into dark-type music for years, I re listened to Within Temptation and fell back in love. From there, I went back through my old playlists, taking in a few of the songs. Hawthorne Heights was then fallen back in love with too.

As for Armor for Sleep... I used to write a lot of short stories. Like, way too many. I was going through them as well (I was in a reminiscent mood). I found one that I had written about the song The Truth About Heaven. For the record, the story was awful. Absolutely terrible. It was very apparent I had written it when I was 13. xD

I turned the song on while I read, and realized while my writing was terrible, the music wasn't. So I turned on all of the songs I had of theirs, and just remembered how amazing it is, and how deep their lyrics are. Really.

Which makes me a little curious. Has anyone else found themselves just going through music they haven't heard in years and loving it? Or have you gone back and wondered what you were thinking when you bought that stuff? I really would like to know if I'm in the minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment