Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Welcome to Pottermore! (SPOILERS!)

YES! I got my Pottermore letter today. I checked my email as soon as I woke up, and ended up squealing so loudly my mom came running.



If anyone else is on, I'm using MidnightPhoenix157 as my username. Add me as a friend! I didn't manage to screenshot my wand sadly, but I have the screenshot of my main profile page, so I'll post that and just tell you about my wand using the extra information about wand woods and cores. Speaking of extra information, I'm not going to spoil anything, but McGonagall's backstory is my absolute favourite. I loved it so much.




Isn't it pretty? As you can probably guess, I got Slytherin. NO, I DID NOT CHEAT. I answered honestly and my gut on which house I was the whole time was right. I'm a Slytherin!



My wand ended up Larch with Dragon core, eleven and three quarter inches, surprisingly swishy. Apparently, that all boils down to this:

Larch: Strong, durable and warm in colour, larch has long been valued as an attractive and powerful wand wood. Its reputation for instilling courage and confidence in the user has ensured that demand has always outstripped supply. This much sought-after wand is, however, hard to please in the matter of ideal owners, and trickier to handle than many imagine. I find that it always creates wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which likewise describes the master who deserves it. It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match.
- Taken from Ollivander's notes about wands.

Dragon: As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.
- Also taken from Ollivander's notes about wands.

Overall, I'm pretty excited about Pottermore so far. It's super fun. Brewing potions is fun, and while I'm not completely sold on the casting of spells, I think I'll get there. The artwork is absolutely amazing. I'm loving the "find the various objects" like Chocolate Frog cards and books. There's definitely some work that needs to be done (a bit more interactivity at parts, sound effects) but it's a great experience. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their welcome emails!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, congrats on being sorted in Slyterhin! ^w^ It looks so awesome! I can't wait till I get my mail :3

    ReplyDelete