Thursday, January 12, 2012

I tried to make a less depressing post for today. Ooops.

Sorry about yesterday being so gloomy. I was just not having the greatest day. I tried to make today's better, but I think I failed a little.

I feel slightly less off today, so that's a plus. I've been stressing out over something very silly, and that just made everything that was less silly feel even more intimidating. I'm going to go ahead and blame the fact that my body is now actually having hormones forced into it after about 2 years of that being a non-existent sort of idea. I somehow decided to myself that the best way to push through an anxiety-filled day was to do something that I consider absolutely terrifying. And it actually kind of worked! I was too busy focusing on making that less scary to worry about everything else that could be and was going wrong.

I've still been moping around a bit though. I'm watching Elliott Smith live songs/full concerts on YouTube and just crying a little at how weak and broken he looks during them, particularly during the bad years. It's so sad. I realize the amount of time I spend talking about how much I love Elliott Smith and wish he was still alive is ridiculous and unreasonable, but I just always feel that way. Every single day.

In happy news, our plane tickets to England got confirmed and paid for and stuff! We're going in early May after I finish this semester of classes. It's my first trip with just my sister, and my first trip without my mother, so that's gonna be really fun. Yay! I'm a bit sad I'm not going anywhere during my Reading Week this February like my mom and I were planning to, but that's life. We couldn't find anywhere we were particularly thrilled about going.

I wish I had more happy/exciting news for you guys. Sorry. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment