Wednesday, May 18, 2011

On Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss.

The picture of Jennifer Lawrence with the brown hair and Katniss attire was released today by Entertainment weekly. Seeing as that's the only thing I've seen on tumblr for hours now, I figured I'd share my thoughts about it. Here though, because this is too long for my attention span there.

First off, here is the picture in case anyone managed to miss it.

Initial reaction: OH MY GOD MY MIND MUST BE MAKING THIS UP THIS IS THE KATNISS THAT WAS IN MY HEAD. *long string of gush*

A few hours later reaction: Jennifer Lawrence looks like Katniss. I had already decided I was pretty sure I liked her after watching Winter's Bone and seeing her acting abilities, but this picture sealed it. She looks the part. She'll be able to act the part. She's going to be phenomenal.

I'm still waiting (im)patiently for the casting of Cinna, as he is probably my second favourite character. Just knowing that the filming is already underway though fills me with lots of joy. TOTAL props to the casting of The Hunger Games. You've removed most of my doubt (other than the cutting of Madge BUT I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THAT IN MY HAPPY POST).

No comments:

Post a Comment