Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hiatus is done!

I apologize, I took a break from anything on the internet that required me to do ANY thinking for a few weeks, and I like to think I was extremely productive! I finished all of my homework for the end of the year (something I typically don't do) and am done, for better or for worse, my scary exam.

Now then. How have we all been? I've personally been pretty good. Busy, but good. I've also become painfully addicted to Tumblr, and spend way too much of my time on it reblogging things about The Hunger Games.

As for my terrifying exam- it was my English Diploma Part A. I had to write 2 pieces. One had to be a critical/analytical response (CAR) and the other had to be a personal response. The CAR had to be about a piece of literature we studied, personal response was a personal response to the poem/short story/picture they gave us.

We had a pretty easy topic I think - the role adversity plays on someone. Their ideals or something, I forget the exact quote. Either way, it was simple. I wrote my first essay about Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller, talked about Willy and stuff. My second piece was a short story based off the poem they gave us.

Considering the CAR is worth 15% of my overall mark and the story is worth 10%, I think I did okay. The exam I write tomorrow will be worth 25%, but it's just a reading comprehension. I'm most definitely not scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment